NDSA organizations have proven themselves in the field of digital stewardship. As NDSA members they share expertise, tools and practices to benefit local efforts while contributing to the stewardship of a growing national collection of diverse digital content. For a list of members, click "NDSA" on this page.
Orientation information and resources for new members can be found here.
Benefits to Membership
Members share in the advantages of the NDSA, including:
- Shaping the agenda for advancing digital preservation action in the U.S.;
- Partnering with major organizations, including premier cultural heritage institutions;
- Participating in efforts to develop and implement tools, services and training;
- Taking part in a national outreach program to build public awareness;
- Learning about digital preservation practices from a network of thought leaders.
Download up a copy of the NDSA Membership Packet (PDF, 94 KB) for detailed information on benefits.
- Members will be organizations or consortia;
- Members will have demonstrated an active commitment to digital preservation;
- Members will share the stated values of the Alliance;
- Members will agree to maintain vendor neutrality;
- Members will agree to participate in one or more working groups.
Funds are not required and there are no fees or dues for membership in the NDSA. Members contribute through in-kind service to the NDSA:
- By serving on one or more working groups (Content, Standards and Best Practices, Infrastructure, Innovation, and Outreach and Education);
- By collecting, providing and/or curating content;
- By providing services in storage, infrastructure, tools, software or hardware, policy and/or cataloging.
Consortia and Membership Organizations
The NDSA welcomes applications from consortia, provided that there is a clear representative identified to participate from each consortium.
Commercial Members and Vendors
Applications are welcome from all sectors. All members must share the values of the NDSA and agree to maintain vendor neutrality.
NDSA questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the NDSA
To apply for membership, visit www.digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/join.php.
Please review the Principles of Collaboration and the Membership Agreement in the NDSA Membership Packet (PDF, 94 KB) before you submit your organization's application.